Conditions of Business
- All orders are considered binding. By sending an order, the client confirms that he/she agrees with the conditions of business, payment options, delivery conditions, reclaims regulations, and that he/she has been familiarised with the provision on personal data protection.
- We request that in your own interest you enter true and precise information in the order form. After sending, each order is confirmed by an e-mail message, in which you have the final opportunity to check the accuracy of the entered data. If an error has appeared in the order for any reason, contact us without delay.
- We require the following data from customers: first name and surname, full postal address, telephone number, e-mail address. This data is essential for your identification, for communication with you, for realising the sale of goods and for charging payment for the goods. If you are purchasing as a firm, we require the address of the company seat, Business Id. no. and Tax Id. no., as well as the delivery address.
- In the case of a price adjustment between the arrangement and sending of an order, the price stated in the completed order form shall always apply.
- In the case of collection in person at our retail outlet, it is necessary to collect the goods within 14 days, otherwise the order will be cancelled. Sale of e-books is not possible at the Palacký University Press retail outlet.
NOTIFICATION for booksellers and other vendors.
Publications produced on the basis of "print on demand" cannot be ordered for consignment sale, i.e. publications can be purchased only on the basis of an invoice or paid in cash.
- The delivery location is the address stated by the purchase upon user registration (unless stated otherwise).
- The consignment will be sent via Czech Post within 2 working days of confirmation of the order.
- In the case of non-cash payment, the goods shall be sent after payment.
- Upon purchase of an e-book you will obtain information about downloading by e-mail. In the case of “purchase” of an e-book free of charge you will obtain a link for download immediately.
Method of Payment:
- All prices in the e-shop are stated including VAT. We do not provide any discounts on already reduced goods.
- Method of payment:
- Online payments (by credit card, bank transfer, electronic e-wallet etc.) – the fee for payment and transport is combined and differs according to delivery location (country).
- COD – the fee for payment and transport is combined and differs according to delivery location (country).
- Cash, payment via payment terminal (upon collection in person at retail outlet – with the exception of e-books)
- We provide discounts on purchase at our e-shop on the basis of discount codes, which you enter in the field indicated “Voucher code”.
- Discount codes are time-limited, valid until the end of February 2021. This is explicitly stated in the code in the form of the last 6 digits …YYMMDD.
- We settle any applicable reclaims in accordance with the valid legal prescriptions (Civil Code for natural persons, Commercial Code for legal entities).
- These reclaims regulations do not relate to publications purchased in other retail outlets or other internet shops.
Procedure upon reclaim
- Inform us of the reclaim by telephone or e-mail.
- Send the goods as a package by registered post to our address (or reclaim directly at our retail outlet).
- State the reason for reclaim with the consignment and enclose a copy of the tax document.
- We shall settle your reclaim as quickly as possible, and no later than 30 days from its receipt.
- The costs in connection with the reclaim are borne in full by the purchaser.
- The vendor is liable for all production faults which the goods have upon receipt.
- The vendor is not liable for goods which were damaged during transit.
Should you have any inquiries you can contact us:
- in writing at the address: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, Vydavatelství - prodejna odborné literatury, Biskupské nám. 1, 771 11 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Personal Data Protection:
We require some of your personal data in order to offer you our services. We respect your privacy, and for this reason we try to minimise this data to the absolutely necessary amount. We protect data against misuse, in which our work with personal data is fully subject to legal norms, especially the Personal Data Protection Act.
By using our internet shop you consent to the gathering and use of your personal data within the stated scope, and you agree to the above-stated regulations.